YouTube mobile app is a software launched for mobile devices like phone, tablet, Smart TV, gaming devices, Android, iOS and other devices.
The users can download the app from Google play store and iTunes store respectively for free.
YouTube is an online video sharing and streaming site. It provides the option for the registered user to upload, edit and view videos online.
Even though it does not provide the option to download videos as per its terms of service, the user can download their own videos under the Video manager section.
However, there are third party Software and mobile App that can help us to Download YouTube Videos.
- 1 What is the History of YouTube ?
- 2 Steps Download YouTube Mobile App for Android
- 3 Steps to Download YouTube Mobile App for Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- 4 Installing YouTube App on Windows Phone
- 5 Conclusion on Installing YouTube App on Mobile Phone
What is the History of YouTube ?
Later it was bought by Google. Youtube is the second most popular website as reported by Alexa Internet. Even though the YouTube service is available globally, the service is blocked in few countries due to the government regulation.
The registered users can upload and edit videos online. The non-registered users can only view and share videos.
YouTube offers the opportunity for the registered users to make money by monetizing their video content using their YouTube partner program. YouTube partner program is not available to very few selective countries.
Read: Monetize My Videos
Steps Download YouTube Mobile App for Android
You can download and install you tube mobile app on your android device in several ways.
- From Google play Store
- From Google Play store from your computer web browser.
- Downloading APK file from third party sites.
Install YouTube Mobile App From Google Play Store
Downloading any application from play store is the safest way to go. It is not suggested to download the app from any third party sites because they may contain some malicious content that may harm your device.
Please note that you tube was developed and offered by google and hence it may be a built-in app on your device. However, you can follow the below steps to install it on your system.
Let us see the steps to download:
- Open Google Play store from your mobile apps menu
- In the search box, type “Youtube” and search.
- Click on the Youtube logo and select Install.
- The Application will be installed.
Note: If the app is already installed on your device, it will show the option for “Uninstall” and “Update“.
Installing YouTube Mobile App From Computer or PC
If you own a google account and if it is configured on your android device, you can install apps remotely from any computer. All you need to have is internet connection.
The logic behind is very simple. We are accessing google servers from a computer. All the changes made are saved and the requests are executed on google servers.
Let us see the example for installing YouTube app on your mobile remotely from a computer or web browser. The steps given below will explain in detail:
- Open Google Play Store from your computer
- Click on the Sign in button on the right side top of the screen.
- Login with your Google account username and password.
- Search for YouTube in the search box.
- Click on the YouTube logo and select install.
If it is already installed, it will show as installed. If not, you will get the option “Install“.
Note: The app will be installed on the device in which you have configured the google account you used to sign into the browser.
Downloading APK file from Third Party Websites
There are few people for whom the knowledge about configuring play store and installing will be a da vinci code to crack. Those people can download the setup file from third party websites and start using the service.
Let us see the further Steps:
- Open Google and search for “Youtube APK” File download.
- Download the APK file on your mobile device.
- After downloading, open the setup file where it is stored.
- Tap on it to begin installation.
- You will receive a notification to allow installing third party apps.
- Select yes and enable third party software installation on your android device.
- The app will be installed on your phone.
Steps to Download YouTube Mobile App for Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
YouTube mobile application is also available for Apple products. You can download it from iTunes account. YouTube was a inbuilt app for i Phones. But, after the release of iOS 6 and iPhone 5, the app was removed from the default list.
Later google launched its you tube app for iPhone and iPad. If you are not interested in installing the app, but still love to use YouTube on your apple phone, you can visit the YouTube home page and add it to your home screen.
- From the home screen of your apple device, tap on “App Store“
- Tap on “Search” along the top of the phone.
- Type YouTube on the search box
- You will get the suggestion of apps.
- Scroll down and select the app named YouTube and developed by Google Inc
- Click on the blue color button named free.
- Now click on install.
- You will be prompted for user credentials for validation.
- Wait till the progress bar disappears.
Now, tap on the YouTube app on your phone. Happy youtubing.
Installing YouTube App on Windows Phone
Downloading and installing YouTube app for windows phone is really easy. However, you must ensure that internet is active and you have an active account with Microsoft.
If you have all these, the follow the steps below:
- Find Store App and tap on it.
- Click on the Search icon.
- Enter YouTube and click install
The application will be downloaded and installed on your windows phone.
Conclusion on Installing YouTube App on Mobile Phone
I hope the ideas provided here for installing the YouTube app on your android, iPhone, iPad, i Touch and windows phone was helpful.
Which part of the section was helpful to you?
We truly value your feedback. Please share your feedback as comments.