What is a Strong Password?
Password is a combination of text, numbers and special characters that is used to access any of your account if you have access. It is a secret word that only you know it and no one else is aware off it. A strong password is the one which is very difficult to guess by anyone. In general, it must be a combination of upper and lower casing with numbers and special characters. The more strong is your password is more secured your data is.
We are currently in an age called Information age. We get several information every day. However, it is our responsibility to validate the correct information. As there are several phishing attempts to gain access to your account, it is important to use strong passwords.
What Does Internet Giants are Telling Why is it Important to Have a Strong Password?
I did a quick research on how a password should be and the characteristics of it. The observations are same from every service that are rendered by Internet Giants Google, Yahoo, Facebook and Twitter. You can find my observations below:
- Always use a unique password for each of important accounts
- Use a combination of letters, symbols and numbers in your password
- Don’t use personal information or common words as a password
- Make sure your backup password options are secure and up-to-date.
- Longer passwords are more secure.
- Don't use personal information like your name, your Yahoo ID, birthday, or passport ID number.
- Avoid using continuous passwords like abcdefg, or adjacent characters on your keyboard (QWERTY).
- When you create a new password, make sure that it's at least 6 characters long.
- Try to use a complex combination of numbers, letters and punctuation marks.
- Use different password for Facebook account and not the same password for all your accounts.
- Do create a password at least 10 characters long. Longer is better.
- Do use use a mix of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols.
- Do use a different password for each website you visit.
- Do keep your password in a safe place. Consider using password management software to store all of your login information securely.
How to Pick a Strong Password List?
We have seen the instructions by the internet giants on significance of using secured password. Now we can easily determine how to pick a strong password list. If you are using five services, you can create a list of them as suggested in the initial part of this article.
Syntax: Upper Case + Unique Word + Special Character + Number
For Example: A+mudha+@+123 = Amudha@123
Now you have learned how to set a strong password and why is it important to use strong passwords. Now, it is time for you to like and share this article to your friends and family.