Today we are going to learn How to Send Email in Google Plus using Gmail. With the information available in Google Plus profile, you can send an email to anyone in your connections without their an email address.
As per the stats released by a Digital marketing Excellence blog from the company named Stone Temple has released a statistic report of the Google Plus users. The same report was also quoted on Forbes.com.
The number of truly active users on Google GOOGL -0.53%+ is significantly less than 1% of the total 2.2 billion Google users, according to a study published on April 14, 2015 by Eric Enge at Stone Temple Consulting, a digital marketing firm with offices in Boston and California.
Now, we got the reason behind merging Gmail and Google Plus users. The 1 billion users in Gmail are not active in Google plus social networking site.
In order to make the Gmail users as Google plus users, the concept of sending emails from google plus was introduced.
Now, Google has made sending an email a simpler style.
Earlier, if you are sending an email to a new or strange email id, you need to type their email address manually and add them to your contact list.
- 1 How to Send Email in Google Plus without an Email ID
- 2 The Important Information About Sending and Email to Google+ Connections Are:
- 2.1 Compatible Web Browsers to Send Email From Google Plus
- 2.2 Can I Send Email to Google Plus Profile Using Gmail App for Mobile
- 2.3 Steps to Block Someone Who Sent an Email from Google+
- 2.4 How to Find the Email Received From Google Plus?
- 2.5 How to Turn Off The Anyone Can Email From Google Plus Option?
- 2.6 Related
How to Send Email in Google Plus without an Email ID
For example, you can find the screenshot below. Here, I searched for a name who is a friend of mine. Mr.Pandian. He was already in my Gmail contact. But, he is still my Google plus member. Hence, it suggests his name under Google Plus connections.
The Important Information About Sending and Email to Google+ Connections Are:
- You can send the email to Google + connections. However, your Google + id will be displayed. But the email address will not be displayed. This is one of the brilliant privacy ideas that Google implemented. Hat’s off to Google for taking privacy with high priority.
- The Gmail has three inbox categories. Primary, Social, and Promotions. If you receive or send an email to the person who has your name in his circles, the email will be displayed as Primary Email. If you are not in each other circle, the email will be sent to a social category.
- You will not be able to start another conversation without adding the same person in your circle.
Compatible Web Browsers to Send Email From Google Plus
This feature is supported by every latest web browsers in the market. However, the older versions of IE (Internet Explorer) may not be compatible. Click on the Wikipedia article, To learn more about web browsers.
Can I Send Email to Google Plus Profile Using Gmail App for Mobile
No. Irrespective of your mobile model whether it is an android, iPhone or windows phone, the option to send email from Gmail to google plus profile is not available. We can not send it from the mobile app. This feature is available only on web apps web browsers.
Steps to Block Someone Who Sent an Email from Google+
If you have received an email from someone whom you were not aware, you can block them permanently by using the options Report Spam or Abuse.
How to Find the Email Received From Google Plus?
I suggest you watch the youtube video below. It will provide the two options to view the emails received from google plus profile:
How to Turn Off The Anyone Can Email From Google Plus Option?
The option anyone can email from google plus gives option is enabled by default. However, if you prefer not to take the advantage of this discovery, you can disable it by following the steps below:
- Open Gmail Account
- You can find the “gear” icon in the right side corner of the window
- Navigate to the “Settings” option using the drop down menu.
- Select the “General” tab and choose “Email via Google+ section“
- You will have three options to choose from: Anyone on Google+, Extended circles or Circles, and No one.
- If you prefer to receive emails only from your Google Plus connections, select the option Extended Circles or Circles.
- If you prefer to completely stop the feature, select No one.
I hope the steps given above has given an idea about controlling or managing email via Google Plus.
Please share your insights, experience about sending an email in google plus.