I have discussed about how to view the saved password in Mozilla Firefox and Google chrome web browsers. If you need assistance in viewing the saved password for any other web browser, you can always write to me by posting a comment in this post.
Is is really good to select the option to save the password whenever we access any website with username and password provided only if the computer is your personal computer and no other person has access to it. For example, let us say we are creating a new user account with +Wikipedia and you prefer to have a different password for this service. After some time, we may forget the password and it will be required to reset. Instead, if you have saved the password you can view it very easily. It may look very simple, however when we really use this option, we can understand the value of it.
Steps to view the saved password in Mozilla Firefox web browser:
- Open +Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the orange colour drop down menu on the left side with the +FireFox name.
- Select “Option” under the Add-Ons tab
- Select Options
- Select the tab Security
- Click on the Saved Password tab
New pop up window will open with the name of the website and the usernames. The password will be encrypted. Click on Show Passwords button. The password will be shown.
Steps to view the saved password in Google chrome web browser:
- Open +Google Chrome web browser and click the button with three bars at the right side of the menu.
- Select the option Settings from the drop down menu.
- Select the option “Show advanced settings…” at the bottom of the page.
- Under the Passwords and forms section, click on Manage saved passwords
New pop up window will open with the name of the website and the usernames and password will be displayed. The password will be encrypted. Click on the URL of the website for which you need password and select show option. The password will be shown.
The video tutorial and the image snapshots will be uploaded very soon.