Welcome to the step by step google Adsense tutorial for beginners by Amudhakumar. I can assure you that after reading these tutorials, you will learn the how google advertising works, how to enable monetization on youtube, how to earn money from youtube by uploading videos, make money with google Adsense without a website and investment. This guide includes screenshots and is best suitable for a Newbie in AdSense.
- 1 Google Adsense Tutorial: What is Google Adsense?
- 2 Can we Make a Career Out of Google Adsense?
- 3 I am a Student, Can I Make Money Through Blogging and Adsense?
- 4 Google Adsense Sign up
- 5 Steps to Activate Google Adsense for Youtube (Monetizing Videos)
- 6 Steps to Monetize Your Youtube Videos
- 7 How to check Google Adsense Earnings
- 8 Adsense Payment
- 9 Google Adsense Tutorial Conclusion
Google Adsense Tutorial: What is Google Adsense?
Adsense (Google AdSense) is a free publisher partner program offered by Google. Any website owner who has access to the HTML section of the website can sign up and run targeted text, page level ads, video or image advertisements on website pages and earn revenues. Adsense is a completely free cost per click (CPC) program. No investment required. It is a simple program, but not as easy as we think to be successful.
Can we Make a Career Out of Google Adsense?
Yes, you can make your full-time career with AdSense program. But, it needs a lot of time, patience, and great writing skills. If you are a student looking for making extra money, I suggest learning AdSense program best practices. If you take the professional approach to the AdSense program, at the end of your college degree, you can find some decent income in your hand. You may receive a regular payout when you reach minimum default threshold od $100. In other words, I can say you may not be required to depend on a job for making money.
I am a Student, Can I Make Money Through Blogging and Adsense?
Yes, if you are a student, you can make money with AdSense program. One common practice that every student does while getting started with Adsense is that they underestimate Google and Adsense. I started my blogging journey from school days and continued to date. I have expressed a special caution to student and beginners in Adsense Publishers.
I strongly suggest reading My Personal Experience with Blogging and Adsense.
Google Adsense Sign up
There are two ways of making it work for you.
- Google Adsense for Content: Get paid to advertise on your website
- Youtube Partner Program: Put ads on youtube videos to make money
You need to setup an Adsense account for payments to your bank account. The first option mentioned above is called Adsense for Content. The second option mentioned is called Hosted Account for Adsense.
Requirements to Apply for Google Adsense Program
In order to be eligible, apply and getting activated with AdSense account, you must have the following:
- A website/blog or a youtube account that meets the quality guidelines of google AdSense program.
- Active Google account (Should not be associated with an already disabled AdSense account.
If you are wondering how to get google Adsense approval without a website, please do not get confused. It is none other than youtube partner program I have already quoted. Another option is the Adsense revenue sharing program.
How to Sign up for AdSense to show ads Using Blogger.com
For new publishers, blogger.com is the right place to learn the basics of blogging. If you are new to blogging, please read my article on Creating a Google Blogger Account. I strongly suggest you start a blog on your own name and share your daily experiences on your blog. This is what I did during initial days of blogging. I started my own blog. Please continue to do it for a minimum of six months. With this practice, you will develop the following skills:
- Improve your writing skills and grammar
- What is seo and how it works?
- How to create unique content and it’s importance
- You will discover your own ways of writing.
Once you start getting few organic visitors to your blog, you can apply for AdSense program. Once your blog is approved to host advertisements, you can start making money.
Steps to Apply for Adsense Program From Blogger.com
I hope you have now an active blog from blogger. Your blog will be a subdomain of blogspot.com. For example, yourname.blogspot.com. Once your account is created, you will not have the option to apply for Adsense. You will get the earnings button activated once your blog is qualified to run AdSense. In order to qualify, you must have your blogger account active for a minimum of six months with regular updates and quality content.
- Sign in to Blogger.
- Select the blog you want to run ads on.
- In the left menu, click Earnings.
- Click Sign up for AdSense. If you don’t see the button, it means your blog might not qualify for AdSense. Check the AdSense eligibility checklist to find out why.
- Fill out the form with your Google Account or create a new one.
It will take up to 48 hours to verify, validate and activate your google Adsense application. Once approved you can start running ads on your blog post and make money.
Steps to Activate Google Adsense for Youtube (Monetizing Videos)
The AdSense account activated using youtube is called hosted account for AdSense. You need to have a google account to signup for youtube service. You can not sign into youtube without Google account.
Sign Up for Youtube
If you already have a google account, you can sign up for youtube in a minute. Please follow the steps below:
- Visit Youtube
- If you are not already logged in to google account, you will be required to click on “Sign In” button on the right side top of the website.
- Enter your google username and password. Now, hit enter.
- You are done, you have created a youtube account.
Upload Your First Video to Youtube
In order to apply for monetization and make money on youtube, you must have at least one video live on your channel. These videos must be free from any copyright issues. It must be your original content (A video created by you).
Steps to Upload Videos to Youtube Using Web Browser
You can upload video to youtube from android, iPhone, Computer browser, mobile browser. Studio App can also be used. Hope you are logged in to the youtube account.
From Computer/Laptop/PC or Mobile Browser
- In the youtube home page, locate the upload icon and click on it.
- You will get a pop-up window requesting to create youtube channel. Your account name will be used as channel name by default. However, you can customize the channel name.
Steps to Upload Videos From Mobile Using Studio App
If you own smartphone with an internet connection, you can upload videos from your mobile using studio app. All you need to do is download and install studio app. Later, open the video you prefer to upload to youtube. Click on the menu button and select share option as youtube. The video will be uploaded to your youtube account.
If you are new to studio app, I strongly suggest you go through the Studio App Tutorial.
Steps to Monetize Your Youtube Videos
At this time, your first youtube video will be live. Now, let us see how to enable monetization for your video.
- Login to youtube and click on your logo available on the right side top of the website.
- Select the creator studio option.
- In the menu, select “Channel” tab and select “Status and Features“
- Navigate to the monetization tab and click enable. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Click on the get started button and complete the monetization option.
How to check Google Adsense Earnings
If your google Adsense account is activated, you can check the AdSense earnings by visiting google.com/adsense. You can do this from your computer/pc/laptop or mobile web browser. The dashboard will have the following information:
- Estimated Earnings (Does not include deductions due to invalid traffic)
- Custom channels
You can explore the meanings and other words related to Adsense in the post: 35 Terms Related to Google Adsense for Publishers that Every Blogger Must Know
The AdSense payment will be sent to the payee name and the account registered in the payment section. By default, the AdSense earnings will be sent once the AdSense account balance reached $100. If the balance did not reach $100 in a particular month, the balance will be transferred to the next month. Any amount accumulating thereafter will be included and the finalized earnings will be published on 2nd of every month.
How Will Youtube Revenue be Considered?
Please note that the youtube earnings will not be accumulated in the estimated earnings report on your Adsense dashboard. However, any clicks registered will be included but no estimated revenue will appear.
The earnings accumulated through youtube partner program will be reviewed on from 20 to 23rd of every month. The final earnings will be included in your AdSense balance. If the total balance is above the payment threshold $100, your payment will be sent.
Google Adsense Tutorial Conclusion
The guide in this post is just the basics towards google Adsense tutorial. There are still more to be covered. I will continue to add more tutorial so that it becomes a complete package for beginners to professionals in blogging and adsense.