You will not be able to use WhatsApp without internet service. The information spreading in WhatsApp, facebook, and other social media is fake. If you are looking for an option for to using WhatsApp without the internet, then it is impossible. You can use without SIM card, without Wi-Fi. Whatsapp is a VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) application and data connection is a must for its usage. You will not be able to use WhatsApp live while you are offline.
- 1 Why Whatsapp Does not Work Without Data Connection?
- 1.1 Definition of What is VoIP Service From Wikipedia?
- 1.2 How to Use Whatsapp Effectively During the Absence of Internet?
- 1.3 What Happens to Whatsapp Messages Received During Internet Outage?
- 1.4 Use Whatsapp Without the Internet: Alternative Ways to Gain Access to the Internet for Using Whatsapp
- 1.5 Use Whatsapp Without Internet Conclusion:
- 1.6 Related
Why Whatsapp Does not Work Without Data Connection?
The difference between a traditional SMS plan and WhatsApp is the network to which you are connected. In the traditional SMS plan, your phone number is tied to the mobile network operator. Whereas in Whatsapp, your phone number is not tied up to a mobile network. Whatsapp uses data plan. If you prefer, you can even remove the SIM card from your handset after successfully installing WhatsApp and verifying your phone number. Whatsapp will still work provided if you are connected to 4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi. As mentioned earlier WhatsApp is a VoIP application and Internet is a must. If you are looking for whatsapp without internet data plan, you need to gain Wi-Fi Internet connection.
Read: How Whatsapp Works?
Definition of What is VoIP Service From Wikipedia?
Voice over Internet Protocol (Voice over IP, VoIP and IP telephony) is a methodology and group of technologies for the delivery of voice communications and multimedia sessions over Internet Protocol (IP) networks, such as the Internet.
How to Use Whatsapp Effectively During the Absence of Internet?
Now, you have learned that internet service is mandatory for using WhatsApp. However, let us look for some ideas where we can take the absence of internet as an opportunity to use WhatsApp effectively.
Clean Up Old Messages, Images, Audio and Videos: When the internet is unavailable, you can still access WhatsApp. You will not get the updated messages. In this time, you can go through the old messages, photos, documents, voice recording, and videos. Have the unwanted data removed? This will help to free some space on your internal memory. In turn, your phone RAM speed also will increase.
Create Draft Messages to Which You Need to Reply: While cleaning up the old messages, there may be few messages which must need instant response. If you delay it, the response may be denied. Hence, type the response and quit WhatsApp. The message will be saved as a draft automatically. It will be sent once you gain access to the internet.
What Happens to Whatsapp Messages Received During Internet Outage?
Irrespective of your internet availability, the incoming WhatsApp messages will be waiting in the queue. The messages will be waiting for 60 days. If you did not access WhatsApp, the message will be truncated. However, once you get internet access, all the message will pour into your WhatsApp inbox.
Use Whatsapp Without the Internet: Alternative Ways to Gain Access to the Internet for Using Whatsapp
If you do not have access to the internet on your phone, you can follow the alternative options mentioned below:
- Request your friend to give internet access from his phone by enabling tethering option.
- You can reach out to any of the nearby railway stations or public places where a free Wi-Fi connection is offered.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your phone and check whether there is an open Wi-Fi network available.
- You may give a call to your cellular carrier and check with them whether is there a promotional or special offer available on your number for data connection.
- You can also request your service provider to provide loan on your mobile number to activate the internet.
Use Whatsapp Without Internet Conclusion:
I hope the information provided above on using WhatsApp without an internet connection could have given you some ideas. All these are my own thoughts and there may be other opportunities available. If you have any other working option that helped you to use WhatsApp offline, please do share them as your comments.