In this article, you will learn how to How to find the IP address of a website? IP Address means Internet Protocol address. In general, we type the URL of any website in the address bar to view. However, the URL is in turn mapped to a particular IP address. This is called the IP address of the website.
For example, lets us take Google as an example. We will always type the URL and not the IP address. This is because it is easy to remember a character or a word rather than remembering a number.
You can also directly type the website IP address in the address bar instead of URL.
IP Address: http://22.214.171.124
As I have already mentioned, it is very difficult to remember the IP address we are using the URL of a website. The question is, if you need to IP address of a website, how can you find out?
Different Ways to Find The IP Address of a Website
There are several ways to find the IP address of a website. The most common way is using the CMD or command prompt in windows operating system. You may also use ping operation in mac OS. The other option is to use online website tools to find the IP address of a website.
Steps to find IP address of website using “CMD” or “command” prompt in windows operating system
- Click on the windows logo or start button of your computer.
- In the search box, type “CMD” and hit “Enter”
- A small black window will open.
- Type the command ping google.com and hit “Enter”
- The numerical value displayed is the IP address of the website.
Find IP address of a website using online website tools:
- Visit http://websiteipaddress.com/ or any other online website tool you are familiar with.
- Enter the name of the website and click submit button.
- The IP address of a website and any other related information will be displayed.