Google Hangouts Desktop App Installation Guide will give you the easy steps that anyone can understand and start using the service. The desktop app for Hangouts can be added to your chrome browser. If you are not aware of google hangout, I suggest you to read my older post describing Google Hangouts Program.
Overview About Google Hangouts Desktop App
Google hangouts is a VoIP application that allows any google user to send SMS, perform video chat, video conference call, teleconference calls and more. This app is available for android, iPhone, windows and any smart phone where you can use google services.
Steps to Add Hangouts Chrome extension
Please follow the steps to install Hangouts Chrome Extensions to your computer’s desktop.
- Visit Chrome Store (Direct Link embedded)
- Click on the “Add to Chrome” button on the right side corner
- A pop up window will appear requesting confirmation. Add “Google Hangouts“. The app will request permission to access camera and mike on your computer. Click on “Add App” to acknowledge your confirmation.
- After successfully adding the hangouts app to chrome browser, the list of apps will be displayed. The recently added hangouts desktop app will be one among those. Just click on the app to open.
- Click on the “Google Hangouts” icon on chrome dashboard. You will be requested to login with your Gmail account. Use the Gmail login and open hangouts desktop app. A new chrome tab will open.
- In the google account login page, enter your email address, enter your password and click on “Sign In“.
- Now, you will see the desktop icon loading. It will be like seen below:
The desktop version of Google Hangouts will open and you can start chatting with your friends by sending an SMS, Video Chatting, conference calls and many more.
I hope the Desktop chat client for Google Hangouts is now installed on your chrome browser. Start using Hangouts from Google ranging from business meeting to personal calls. If it is not working after download, please restart the system. You will be able to use the application.